1. You find yourself dreaming of the toilets at the Arena as if peeing in them is some sweet nostalgic memory
It’s amazing how nostalgia can transform anything, no matter how nightmarish, into a sweet memory.
2. Your skin has improved because wearing makeup to bed is no longer a thing
Hell, who wears makeup at all anymore?!
3. You’ve woken up every morning this year and surprisingly not lost your phone
We miss partying so much, we even miss losing our phone in a club.
4. Your Döner diet has changed dramatically
And the person you’re sleeping with often hears you muttering in your sleep, ‘ohne scharf.’
5. You sorely miss the good old walk of shame (or fame – depends how you see it) along the Gürtel, through the first district, along the Donaukanal in summer, or through the Prater
You miss the look on the faces of the people heading to work, or going for their morning run at 6am, as you stumble past them, shoving some Macci into your mouth.
7. You miss the feeling of regret the morning after when you find drunk text conversations on your phone
These days, you keep scrolling through your phone to find those old drunk text conversations just to reminisce.
8. You’re saving A LOT of money
Either that, or your G&T money is being redirected to some serious online shopping.
9. You haven’t stepped inside the Mahü McDonalds for a while
10. You miss the sound and feeling of sticky shoes after a night at the Arena
11. You miss waking up in Ottakring or Leopoldstadt, or some other end of the line station after falling asleep on the U-Bahn, or Nightline buses
12. You now realise how boring Vienna can be on Sundays when everything is closed
And you can’t even go for a brunch!
13. You miss having a shot with the Kapitän Pratersauna
14. You feel yourself needing a good hit of expressing your love and sexual self at one of the sex-positivity Hausgemacht parties
15. You find yourself wondering what all the dealers hanging around Flex are doing these days
16. You seriously miss that moment when you’d turn up at your Stammlokal and the barkeeper would have your go-to drink waiting for you before you’d even sit down
17. You miss seeing the sunrise when coming out of Grelle Forelle or Flex on the Donaukanal