Old school Viennese waiters and waitresses are sensitive beings. They are renowned for treating their customers as if they’re doing them a favour by waiting their table, and punishing those with a severe stink eye that ask for anything more from them. But we feel they’re largely just misunderstood, and simply have a few quirks and requests they can’t stand. Which we’ve outlined below:
1. ‘Just tap water, please!’
2. ‘Could I have a second fork?’
Yes, of course, there are plenty of forks in the kitchen, but that doesn’t mean one will make it’s way to our plate without an evil look.
3. ‘Do you have soy, or almond milk?’
Honestly, don’t ask for any special orders. You’ll experience a look that says, ‘I will have my revenge on you!’
4. ‘What’s the wifi password, or do you have somewhere I can plug in my laptop?’
5. ‘Could I have some mayonnaise with my Würstel?’
6. ‘Could I just use the bathroom?’
7. ‘Can I pay with card?’
8. ‘Has this got gluten in it?’
If you see fire in their eyes, run…run for your dear life.
9. Can we split the bill?
We get this one, actually. We always feel a lot of empathy for the waiter that has to split a bill between a table of 15.
10. Anything else, really. They generally don’t like human interaction.